Monday, August 4, 2008

CRUNCH!

That was the sound I heard first thing this morning when I set my elbow on the pillow where my glasses were resting comfortably beneath. I woke up in Ella's room. I remember intending on staying in there for a bit last night when she was fussing around 10 pm (unusual), but I obviously crashed and never got back up.

Here is me today wearing said glasses:



--excuse me for a ANOTHER moment while I pause to play the kiss*tickle*flip game that Ella and I just made up--

Ok, back to this post. The pic pretty much says it all...black electrical tape between the eyes. Un, huh. This will be me for a week until my new specs arrive in the mail...all $8.00 of them, + $4.95 shipping and handling for a grand total of $12.95!!! This will be my second pair of specs I've order through Zenni Optical online. The first were my aviator sunglasses which I LOVE...mostly cause they block the sun from my eyes, but having some style is a bonus, too. Though I am looking forward to the new glasses, I will miss these trusty ones which have lasted me 3 1/2 years without a scratch! Here are my rules for glasses: use whatever is handy to polish them up (t-shirt, paper towel, sandpaper) and lay them where they will receive the most abuse at night, when removed. I hope my next one can live up to these standards.

No comments: