Friday, April 18, 2008

Our Upstairs Neighbors

You buy a home and your only problem is that your new landlord doesn't get around to fixing things as quickly as you like (you only have yourself to blame). Your years (and years) of living in an apartment with noisy neighbors is over, right? WRONG-O, because just when you settle in to your cozy new nest, so do your new upstairs neighbors. Those of you who have been to my house are saying "Wait a minute, your house is only one-story!" You would be correct, but you are assuming that when I say neighbor that I mean human. We have a nice young family of squirrels, a.k.a. rodents, that have nestled into the insulation just above our bedroom...above our bed...directly over our heads, to be exact. Sure, we have evicted them. They relocated for all of a day. They have ripped a fresh hole in the screen that covers our attic ventilation system and they are back. For how long? I'll keep you "posted" and leave you with this image....

2 comments:

The Littles said...

I think squirrels are pretty cute as long as they keep a safe 50 feet away from me. I heard one barking in our tree today...really wierd. I'm so glad you have a blog now! Are yall coming to Trav's going away party?
-Katie

Eat Your Vegetables said...

I got so close to the squirrel to take this pic that I was scared he would jump me! I was disappointed when the pic looked so far away because I could almost smell his breath! We are coming down and cannot wait to see everyone. It will be a happy/sad occasion.