Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thanks for your responses to my "call for help"

Emails, comments, talking with friends have all helped. I have come to the conclusion (a couple of days too late) that I could have left the turkey there (thanks Aunt Anna). That would have satisfied my non-confrontational style and I wouldn't have had to mutter a word (which is good because I was speechless), but still have gotten my point across. I'm not beating myself up about it anymore, but I do realize that I'm going to have to be a little quicker on my feet next time and stand up for what I know is right. I don't think it could have made me any more uncomfortable than I already was.

BTW: I know why I was embarrassed now. I think it was that the boy thought I looked like someone who would be okay with that nonsense. Well, I'M NOT!

No comments: