Thursday, June 26, 2008

Why?

Tell me something...why do snow cone stands in Austin not open until noon? It is hot enough for one by 9:30 am.

Ok, I am just bitter because Charley, Ella and I were on the hunt for one at 11 am this morning after a *brisk walk on the Lady Bird Lake trail downtown and came up empty handed. We nearly died of a heat stroke AND our mouths were watering for one before we made it to a stand and found it to be CLOSED. I know there are bigger problems going on around here, but this one is climbing the charts for me, especially as we are rounding a record heat wave of 18 days over 100 degree temps within the month of June here in Austin. Argh! I might just write a letter....but to whom?

**Please note that Ella was riding coolly in her shaded stroller with a cup of water that she indulged in regularly to stay even cooler. No babies were harmed in our snow cone hunting efforts.

1 comment:

Heidi Meurer said...

I know; it's been hot enough around here for snow cone stands to stay open 24 hours a day! I'm sure they would have more than enough business. It's 3 o'clock in the morning, you wander outside for some reason, you ask yourself, "Why oh why is it 95 degrees at this hour of the night?" and you immediately wish you had a snow cone. It happens.